Tuesday, October 1, 2013

CB Spotlight: Week of 9/16/2013

Life Lessons from TED Talks
Hosted by: Joey Reckamp, Delurey
CB Category: Veritas
Objective: View TED talks that contain messages about different life lessons

Joey shared the following about planning this CB:
"To prepare for the TED talks event, I had to do some research to gather applicable TED talks from the website (www.ted.com/talks). I have seen many of the TED talks before so it was more about finding ones that I had seen previously and verifying that they were appropriate for a CB. I was mainly looking for the shorter videos that were a bit more fast paced to keep the residents interested as well as ones that had some interesting lessons taught in different ways than they were used to.

After organizing the event, I found that many of the residents were interested in attending the CB, but had various commitments (intramurals, sports practices, rushing events, group projects, etc.) that night. Since I was on duty, I ended up basically just showing videos all night and having people come in when they could to watch them. Some of the good ones definitely changed the residents' perspectives (especially the shoe-tying one) and overall I was given a very good response about the event. I even had a few ask for more videos and the link to the general TED talks website so that they could look up their own videos."

Check out the shoe-tying video that Joey's residents really loved!




Here is a list of the other talks Joey used during his CB.

No comments:

Post a Comment